Because I try to eat healthy, and save money by doing it at home (sometimes), and so should you!
Beets w/ Goat Cheese
1. Heat skillet on medium heat with butter (you can use coconut or olive oil if you want, but a little unsalted butter won’t hurt you).
2. Chop up three fresh beets (no need to peel, literally just wash and chop into bite size pieces).
3. Throw the beets in skillet and cook until they are tender (not too soft, about 15 minutes), stir occasionally.
4. For flavor, add about a teaspoon of horseradish (more if you want more of a kick), a teaspoon of some sort of vinegar (apple cider or balsamic), and a pinch of salt.
5. Cover the skillet for a few minutes to allow bets to get tender.
6. Top with goat cheese after removing from heat, and eat!
1. Buy literally any vegetable that makes sense to bake. Basically anything besides broccoli, spinach, kale, etc. Think eggplant, zucchini, onions, red peppers (so good!), etc.
2. Simply chop them up into the size pieces you want, lay them on a cookie sheet, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste, bake at 400 for about 30 minutes. Cut things like eggplant, zucchini and summer squash thicker because they are less dense than peppers and onions, which take longer to roast. This is SO EASY and SO GOOD.
Sweet Potato Chips
1. Heat oven to 250.
2.Slice sweet potatoes THIN and coat them lightly in olive oil, salt, pepper (I added sage because I like sage).
3. Lay them out in ONE LAYER on a cookie sheet. Bake one hour, flip them over, bake another hour, done.